Do you have a favorite pair of pants that no longer fit because of your extra tummy fat? Is your tummy stopping you from wearing a slim fitting dress? Well, there’s an easy solution! How about shapewear? With shapewear, you will have no problem putting on your favorite pair of pants or being uncomfortable in a tight fitting dress. Shapewear will change everything about the way you feel and your confidence in clothing.
Shapewear comes in a variety of different styles that allow you to choose the option of what body part you want to support. Here are some areas of the body that shapewear targets:
● Tummy: helps to smooth the tummy and offers tummy control
● Waist: helps to smooth and contours curves in the waist
● Hips: offers support to the hips and the tummy
● Thighs: offers thigh shaping and also assists with tummy control
● Bust: these pieces of shapewear help to enhance the bust area
● Body: this type of shapewear offers a full coverage for the whole body
Shapewear is not as easy as just simply choosing the area of the body you want to target. It is also very important to consider measurements. It is quite common for people to believe that the tighter the shapewear, the slimmer they will appear. This is actually not the case. If shapewear is too tight, it will start to bulge under clothing; if shapewear is too large, it can be quite noticeable and not properly perform its function.
In this case, it is extremely important to take measurements for your shapewear. If you are close to a store, it is a good idea to ask if they will take measurements for you. If not, taking shapewear measurements is quite simple.
● First, you want to grab a tape measure.
● There are two areas of the body that you are looking to measure: your waist and your hips.
● Start off by wrapping the measuring tape around your waist area without cinching.
● Write down the number that you get on the tape measure and re-measure to make sure you get the same measurement twice.
● Next, wrap the tape measure around the fullest part of your hips. Make sure the tape measure is snug around the hips and then record the number.
● Below is a chart that can help you determine your shapewear size:
Now that you have your measurements, bring them into the local shapewear store and get a piece of shapewear for you! You will not be disappointed!