How Should Shapewear Fit?
Shapewear is a popular garment today and takes up a big part of many women’s closets. Shapewear helps to create a slim looking illusion of the body, by slimming out any lumps and bumps. Many shapewear undergarments are worn by celebrities on the red carpet and help to create a more confident and good looking body appearance. Choosing the perfect shapewear can be difficult and often many mistakes are made. One of the most common mistakes is buying the wrong size. In order for the shapewear to do its job, you have to make sure it fits perfectly.
To avoid making the mistake of buying shapewear with a wrong fit, you need to know your body measurements prior to purchasing. That way, when you look online and have many sizes to choose from, you know exactly what’s right for you.
Below are some guidelines on how shapewear should and should not fit. These are very important to follow to ensure proper results and comfort when using the garments.
How shapewear should fit?
– Should feel tight and secure around the area that it is meant for
– Should feel even tighter if it is a “high compression” garment
– Should make you feel secure but not uncomfortable
– It is normal if your skin is warm under the shapewear garment as it is meant to produce heat to cause you to sweat more
– You should feel confident in the shapewear
How shapewear should not fit?
– Should not be too tight where your movement is restricted or uncomfortable. You should be able to perform your day to day tasks without a problem.
– You should not feel any shortness of breath. If so, remove immediately.
– You should not have to tug hard to pull the material onto the body. If this is the case, it is too tight for you.
– Should not show bulges under clothing, which means the garment is either too big or too tight.
Many people often make the mistake of purchasing shapewear that is smaller than their actual size in order to get slimmer results. However, shapewear that is smaller does not provide more support. It should be avoided as it could make you feel uncomfortable and create unsightly rolls and bulges.
Taking the time to make sure your shapewear is the perfect fit is extremely important and can affect the way your day will go and how confident you will feel. Discover more shapewear here >